|Extreme Noise, November 2015|
Effluxus - Life Destruction LP
- Raw, chaotic as fuck hardcore-punk. A bit well to polished for my taste but I can imagine that thier live shows are crazy as all hell.
Axeman - Arrive LP
- "Shit, that album sucks" - my buddy Ryan. Well, he is dead motherfucking wrong. The album title and riffs alone, is a tongue in-cheek joke about Amebix's 'Arise'. Arise, Arrive; get it? Thought so. This album blends that slow and melodic crust vibe with the fury of black metal riffs. And it is all one dude! Fuck you, Ryan, this shit rules.
Gism - Detestation LP
- I listened to this a couple of times in my youth. I am torn between wanting to throw the record against the wall to wanting to thrashing out. I know, "It's a classic!"; that's why I threw it on dumb ass! I have not had many chances to listen to this album all the way through. I can see where bands around the world site this band as their main influence. Shit's tight, raw and totally in your face.
Morbid Angel - Alters Of Madness LP
- Death Metal was not huge in the area I grew up. Sure, we listened to Napalm Death and Carcass, but for some reason we did not listen to much metal outside of thrash. I can see how this is a highly cited album and it kicks ass like a grandmother playing poker; I think that the Swede's brought forth a more remorseless side of humanity in a fashion that really leaves the future absolutely bleak.
Bolt Thrower - The IV Crusade LP
- Finally an affordable version was repressed. This is the fourth age of the sage that is Bolt Thrower.
Life - Violence, Peace and Peace Research LP
- Japanese raw noise is totally some of best hardcore. This album is on par with any Desastre Recharge albums any day. Dead Silent Spring riff's were intense has the cold war while Annihilate really does pulverize everything in its path and Hypocrisy is like being dragged through a field of razors.
Venom - Black Metal LP
- "WE/WILL RAISE THE DEAD!!!"